Broward Trust for Historic Preservation - HOME
Broward Trust for
preserving Broward county's historical
assets for future generations
Broward Trust for Historic Preservation is a privately funded,
volunteer-driven, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Broward County, Florida.
The original Sailboat Bend Trust founded our member supported organization. On May 26, 1995, we filed for a domestic non-profit corporation with the State of Florida. Subsequently, Broward Trust for Historic Preservation was formed. From inception, our focus has been to keep track of historic buildings, districts, neighborhoods, and heritage. We identify these historic resources through research, education, advocacy, designations, and homeowners’ requests. In 2022, the Trust established itself as a non-profit that advocates for other local historical organizations. Our goal is to support these local organizations through collaboration and communication.
To preserve, restore, and enhance the historic character of Broward County and support education and research regarding historic preservation.
To advocate the historic designation of significant buildings and districts throughout the county and work for that status on local and, where appropriate, national levels.
To increase the involvement of residents and visitors in preserving Broward County’s legacies.
To support other historic preservation communities in their endeavors.
A county that believes in preserving its historic resources and sites to enhance its identity, economy, and quality of life.
Broward Trust for Historic Preservation advocates for:
- Legislation that preserves the historical and cultural fabric of our communities.
- Protect historic and cultural resources from inappropriate legislation, regulatory rulings, or court decisions hindering preservation.
- Preservation of community input in the policy-making process.
- Research, document, and communicate best practices and representative preservation policies.
- Collaboration with local and county organizations to further policies and funding that protect Florida’s history and heritage.
- We are mobilizing our preservation network to take action on pressing preservation issues.